Dayco Heating, Air & Electrical gives you peace of mind knowing your new Trane system is covered if any unexpected issues arise. Dayco offers repair services on your new Trane system during the warranty coverage period with Trane.
In this warranty the terms “we” “our” and “Obligor” individually and collectively refer to (1) Dayco, Inc. DBA Dayco Heating and Air Conditioning shall be known as the Obligor; the “administrator” for all Obligors is Dayco Heating & Air. The terms “you” “your” and “Equipment Owner” refer to the purchaser of the product.
A. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1.This warranty sets forth the entire agreement between the Obligor and the Equipment Owner and cannot be changed without written approval from the Obligor. Representations and promises not set forth in this document are not part of this warranty.
2. This warranty is automatically terminated if the equipment is removed from the address identified on the face of this document, unless removed and reinstalled at the new location by Dayco Heating & Air who certifies that the removal and reinstallation were done properly.
3. This warranty automatically terminated if the equipment is repaired by any other service than Dayco Heating & Air.
4. We reserve the right to select the servicer to perform any repairs called for under warranty.
5. Any material and/or work beyond that covered by the terms of this warranty will be furnished at the Equipment Owner’s expense.
6. Unless otherwise stated on the face of this warranty, there is no per claim deductible amount for which the Equipment Owner is responsible.
7. OBLIGOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM DELAY IN RENDERING REPAIRS BY THE TERMS OF THE WARRANTY, AND IN NO EVENT WILL OBLIGOR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THIS INCLUDES UTLITY BILLS, AND GAS BILLS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY THE OPERATION OF APPLICABLE LAW.
8. Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement and applicable law, this warranty may be assigned by us.
C. WHAT IS NOT COVERED
1. Routine maintenance or any repairs which are made necessary because routine maintenance was not performed by the equipment Owner.
2. Premium labor charges or “over-time” charges charged by the servicer for repairs made during other than the servicer’s normal hours.
3. Air filters, drain lines, condensate pumps, refrigerant lines, ducts, electrical wiring external to the equipment or any other equipment not listed on the face of this Warranty.
4. Repairs to correct failures or malfunctions that are not considered manufacturing defects, such as damage or malfunctions resulting from fire, water, storm, earthquake faulty power supply, theft, riot, misuse, abuse, acts of God or the improper selection, installations or application of the equipment.
5. Rust and corrosion, installation in a corrosive atmosphere or environment, or the other perils not related to defects in workmanship or materials, unless otherwise stated on the face ot this warranty.
6. Repairs to alter the equipment to meet changes in Federal, State or local codes or regulations
7. Freight on parts.
8. Any work performed by any servicer not approved by Dayco Heating & Air Conditioning.
9. Repairs to equipment installed in establishments with corrosive atmospheres, including but not limited to, dry cleaners, beauty shops, pet care facilities, and printing facilities.
10. Any repair required on a compressor bearing unit in which the age of the equipment exceeds ten (10) years.
11. Appearance: features, aesthetics, paint and cabinet parts, knobs and buttons, including but not limited to, rust or corrosion.
12. Items normally designed to be periodically replaced by the Equipment Owner during equipment life such as filters and parts or repairs due to normal wear and tear.
13. Pre-existing conditions
14. Non-Dayco installed parts included with the equipment at the initial installation of the equipment, unless such parts are specifically indentified on the face of this Warranty.
15. Drain repair of condensation line but repair of water damage that could occur is home owner’s responsibility.
D. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: The limit of liability for any claim under this Warranty is the cost to repair or replace your covered equipment in accordance with the terms and conditions of this equipment in accordance with the terms and conditions of this equipment Warranty, not to exceed the purchase price or the replacement equipment, less any deductible stated on the face of this warranty.
E. EQUIPMENT OWNERS’ RESPONSIBILITY: The following are entirely the responsibility of the Equipment Owner:
1. All service and repairs not covered by this warranty.
2. To operate the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and to perform routine maintenance and any special maintenance listed in the owner’s manual. Routine maintenance includes the cleaning of the condensate drain, the condenser, the evaporator coil, the cleaning and replacing of air filters and other items as listed in the owner’s manual. Documentations and routine maintenance is required minimum once a year, recommended twice a year.
3. To notify Dayco Heating of any failures in product.
4. To provide the servicer free access to the equipment and controls when needed.
5. To move any stock, fixtures, or partitions to facilitate the service’s work.
6. To pay servicer’s any applicable deductible amount.
F. EQUIPMENT OWNER’S OPTIONS:
1. TRANSFER: The remaining duration of your warranty may be transferred to the new owner should you sell your property. To transfer your warranty, mail a written request ( identifying the successor owner), the Equipment Owner’s original warranty document, and transfer fee of $ 25.00 (payable by check or money order) to” Dayco Heating & Air, 11 N. Auburn , Kennewick, WA 99336.
A. CANCELLATION BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF WARRANTy: The Warranty may be cancelled only by the original purchaser. The original purchaser may cancel this Warranty for any reason at any time. To cancel, the original purchaser of this Warranty must submit written notice, including the original Warranty, to Dayco Heating & Air at the original address issued on the original.
B. CANCELLATION BY THE OBLIGOR: The Obligor may cancel this Warranty, with respect to both original purchasers or any transferees, only for the following reason:
(1) If a scheduled payment is not received by the Obligor; (2) any material misrepresentations or substantial breach of the duties under this Warranty; or (3) any material changes occurring to the nature of scope of the service required under this Warranty such that the service required to be provided has substantially and materially increased beyond that contemplated as of the date of original purchase of this Warranty. The cancellation of this Warranty under this subparagraph is not effective until 30 days after the notice of cancellation is mailed to the original purchaser.
G. HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE: Call “SERVICER” on the front of this document and explain your equipment needs repair and is covered by this warranty. Give the servicer the model and warranty number located on the front page. The servicer will schedule your appointment and repairs of the equipment will be performed based on the terms and conditions of the warranty, less any applicable diagnostic as stated on the face of this warranty.
2. Failure to follow the procedures may void this warranty and payment for repairs will not be covered.
END OF AGREEMENT
If you have any questions please contact our office at 509.586-9464.
DURING THE COVERAGE PERIOD SPECIFIED ABOVE, TO REPAIR THE EQUIPMENT OR ANY INTERNAL COMPONENT IN THE EQUIPMENT LISTED AND IDENTIFIED BY MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER. THIS COVERAGE IS SUBJECT TO THE MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR PARTS.
Standard Dayco Heating, Air & Electrical labor warranty will provide necessary adjustments, repairs, and/or replacement of parts covered by Trane's or other brand specified part warranty. Warranty is subject to equipment listed and to the terms and conditions below.